This blog is going to be the diary and the home of my personal development, ideas, opinions and projects. And this post is going to be the final reminder of what I am doing and more importantly why I am doing what I am doing.
I am 20 at the moment
I’ve spent nearly two years in England now. I’ve just started my second year at the university and this country is definitely changing me. Someday I’ll put my whole story to separate post or page. It should be ok about my background for this moment.
At the moment all I know that I want to achieve big things in my life, I just don’t know how yet. I like and want too many things and I don’t really pursue any of them. That’s depressing. Because I see my life going through my eyes, I am so curious about everything and yet I can’t decide on what to do. It’s like being in an ice cream factory, being able to eat ANYTHING you like, and just stand there because you can’t decide where to start.
However, now I’ve decided to start. And the best place to start I think is to understand what you really want, what’s truly essential for you and what principles are important.
What I want:
- Simplify my life, to start with. At the moment things are really messed up and I spend more time organizing and thinking about stuff than actually making it happen [Update: Two months later, I have to say, I've achieved this]
- Learn things, understand things and be the best I can be. Digital marketing and psychology is still on the top of my list. I don’t think it will ever go down.
- Inspire others and teach what I’ve learned. I’ve started with personal development community and personal vlog. However, I need to start doing this in English(!!).
- Create useful and awesome things that would stay after I am gone.
There are more specific things (skills) I want at the moment because getting valuable skills while I am still young should put a solid ground for my future ideas. It’s a small list of them:
- Speed reading. Because books are essential part of personal development
- Programming. Because I do most of the stuff online. And programming allows to create stuff here. It’s also good for your brain. [Update: I am quickly moving towards this direction]
- Web and Graphic design. Because awesome design is essential everywhere, it makes even biggest crap look good
- Sport. Because health is really one of the most important things in life
- Simplicity. Because productivity isn’t working anymore for me
- Memory improvement. Because I am terrible with names. It also should help me in every other aspect of life
- My own business. I need to start somewhere with this. I know it’s not an easy option, but I don’t expect it to be. I just want to show to myself and to everyone else that a regular guy from far-far-away can achieve success
Finally, I want to get rid of most of my stuff – I want to enjoy life through experiencing it and meeting new, awesome people. I know I am a little that kind of person who can’t easily let go useful things. That’s why I have so many good ebooks, awesome bookmarks, great videos, brilliant ideas and other stuff which I do absolutely nothing with. I have to get rid of this. I want to become minimalist.
[Small update: Finally things started to move in that direction. I got rid of many ebooks, bookmarks and notes.]
I also have an idea what to do with my project/business ideas. I’ll either give them away or test them and if they work – work on them, if they don’t – give them away. Although, very likely I’ll just sell them / throw them away.
Oh, I almost forgot. I’ll try 30 days challenges to transform my life. I think it’s a brilliant way to become more awesome person, because I don’t want to be seen as a selfish, shy, unfriendly bastard by a single person on earth. I got really inspired to do it by this TED talk .
See you later.